Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 131: Music Men

2011 Total Earnings:  $12,247

Today's Contest: Stub Hub: Music Festival Fantasy Contest
Prize:  A VIP Cabana at the Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco
How to Enter:  Submit a heartfelt story (50 words or less) and accompanying picture of why you should win

I've really wanted to enter more contests, rather than sweepstakes....even if it means that I'm doing things that are a little out of my comfort zone...like doing photoshoots, entering cooking contests, and stretching the truth a little (aka lying).
For this contest, I submitted a picture and story about how my brothers and I live in different states (true), and that I rarely see them (again true).  I then went on to mention that we stay in contact by sharing music with each other over email (not so true...though I did TALK to my younger brother once about how much I like Radiohead).  I said if we won this contest it would be a chance for all the brothers to get together and do what we love doing..making fun of my younger sister...I mean...listen to music together.


We actually couldn't have more different taste in music and probably would never share music.




My older brother David has a penchant for heavy metal.

I knew that Anthrax was a metal band I should be afraid of long before I knew it was a biological weapon I should be afraid of.


This tshirt is from their album "Spread the Disease"
...just full of toe tappers.







My younger brother Michael is low key and is into whatever...though he is quirky and has an affinity for the likes of Weird Al Yankovic.


And I am...natch...a little monster at heart....


Mayyyyyyyyybe mixed with a little Weird Al

No comments:

Post a Comment