Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 263: Donut Taste Good?

2011 Total Earnings:  $12,338.10

Today's Contest:  Somebody's Mother's Chocolate Sauce Baking Contest
Prize:  A trip to San Diego
How to Enter:  Create a Halloween themed baked good using their chocolate sauce
http://www.somebodysmothers.com/createaclassictreat

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Donut Holes for this contest.  It's a pumpkin donut with a chocolate filling, sprinkled with a spiced sugar.  Totes Yumsville.  With all the buying and prepping and frying, this contest has been like a full three act Shakespearean play and I am glad the final curtain has fallen.
Les Donut Holes came out pretty nice though, I must say....aaaaand-skees I didn't set my face on fire while frying.  It's the small things we're grateful for.
I even jazzed some of  em up a little to look like pumpkins.  Cuteness!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Impressive. However, I don't know how you keep those washboard abs of yours whilst deep frying and eating these bad boys. I wish I had one to scarf down right now. Yumsville.

    ReplyDelete